Friday, April 1, 2011

Back Story

I grabbed some time this afternoon to visit the show truck lot with my friend and ace gearjammer, Rufus Sideswipe, who had been bitterly disappointed that the Paul K. Young beauty show didn't have a "Most Duct Tape" category this year.

Rufus pointed out something that I had never given a lot of thought to. "What shiny-side part of a rig do most people never see, or at least, don't see much of?" he asked. "The top of the cab?" I said.

Rufus looked sour and said, "Besides that." I was stuck though the answer was staring me in the face as we walked behind the cab of an outrageously gorgeous rig.

"The back," he said.

Huh, he's right, thinks I. As most of the crowd in the parking lot clustered and jostled along in front of the gleaming rigs, we walked behind them. From funny or provocative slogans to murals to custom polished storage boxes, most of these beautiful working rigs included back-of cab-decoration.

Here are just a few of the several dozen worth checking out from front to back.

No comments:

Post a Comment